Restored Photos Reveal Carmel History
November 5, 2013
Ten photographs that were so badly faded, their subjects were all but indiscernible have been restored. Thanks to a generous donation by CCHS member John Graves, these photographs reveal parts of Carmel history literally invisible for more than 75 years.
All we knew of the first image was that it showed the lumberyard in 1891 that sat on First Street SW. But we couldn’t see anything in the image, and we had no other pictures of the lumberyard to know how it might have looked. But after restoration, at least ten people are visible, as well as parts of the yard.
All ten images will eventually be available for viewing on our online photo database.