In 1837 James Farley donated half an acre of land for a one-room, wood frame school house. It was originally referred to as the Farley school, and Johnson Farley was the first schoolmaster. The school became known as the Blue School, not because it was located very near the Blue Woods and the Blue Woods Creek, but because it was painted blue.
The school was a subscription school which meant that parents paid for their children to attend. The Blue School was also the original meeting place of the congregation that built and moved to the White Chapel Church in 1853.
In 1903 a two-room brick schoolhouse was built just east of the Farley Blue School that it replaced. Four grades were taught in each room of the second Blue School until it closed in 1922. The building was remodeled in the 1950s and has been a residence ever since.